Top reasons to use a surrogacy agency.
Deciding to participate in Surrogacy is a huge step whether you’re an Intended Parent (IP) or the Surrogate Mother, herself. It is a huge decision that probably came with months, if not years of weighing options and doing research. For some Intended Parents, finding a surrogate can land close to home when a family member or friend approaches to carry their child, but what about situations where you need to find someone to carry your child and you DON’T know them? For women who want to be surrogates, what if you don’t know someone who could use your help? You are both placed in this vast world of “now what?” Here are five reasons why choosing surrogacy agency is a route that will be less stressful, and a more enjoyable journey for all.
1: Surrogates and IP’s are pre-screened and MUST meet strict requirements.
- Surrogacy comes with all different avenues of trust, trusting the IP’s that you have been matched with to be as involved as they said they would be and the IP’s trusting the Surrogate Mother to take good care of herself and your child she is carrying. It’s a scary arena to step into that puts both parties in a vulnerable state to one another. Shared Conception pre-screens all Surrogate Mothers and IP’s before moving into contracts, so each party can rest assured that the other will have passed a psychological evaluation, criminal background check, and any state mandated medical screenings. By doing this, we significantly reduce the risk of there ever being any unfortunate incidents, and help both parties to feel more comfortable in this process and focus on the joy of the journey instead of adding worry to the equation.
2: Assistance with legal contracts.
- Most people do not have a law degree, and reading and going over a contract for a surrogacy arrangement by yourself can be extremely confusing. Some agencies will direct you to a trusted lawyer to assist you with your contracts.
3: Expert help with sensitive matters.
- Surrogacy agencies are always here to handle delicate matters such as anything finance related. You can rely on us.
4: Matches based on mutual expectations.
- As a part of the initial application process and profile creation for both the Surrogates and IP’s, a surrogacy agency ensures that your expectations in terms of communication, relationship, and delivery are reflected in writing. A qualified team will then take these expectations and the knowledge they have of both the IP’s and Surrogates, and match them based on their desires for a similar journey. When seeking a match outside of an agency, there is a risk that the surrogate and IP’s journey expectations may not match up, and that may not be discovered until further down the road when it may be too late to end the match.
5: Constant individual support for both IP’s and surrogates.
- A Surrogacy agency is the most involved with IP’s in the beginning stages of the surrogacy journey, but are continually present for IP’s throughout the pregnancy and afterwards to offer support and answer questions as they arise. Participating in a surrogacy outside of an agency means that both the Surrogate and the IP’s miss out on this kind of support. It’s just not something found outside of an agency. Shared Conception is a stellar agency that stands out from the rest. Call us!